Saturday, February 14, 2015

Promise for the rest of my life

Something that I have been thinking about and something that I will be working on for the rest of my life...


I have done so much in the first 20 years of my adult life. I want to use those experiences to help others excel in their professional and personal live and not make the same mistakes that I have.  I have worked in various settings with people of varying ages, colors, religions, economic background, political views, sexual orientations, and criminal histories. Through that, I have been able to successfully work with them all in order to accomplish the goals set in front of me. At this stage in my life, I care less about making a name and more about creating a legacy. I have a wife, 3 children, nieces and nephews, godchildren, as well as the kids that I have either taught, coached, mentors, or have worked with. I want to do something that can inspire, motivate, and make a difference. So many people have an opportunity to do that and choose not to. While initially my motivation was fame and success, I understand that sometimes you can’t escape your destiny. I want to use the rest of my life to become someone whose works and visions can withstand the test of time. If not by me directly, then through those that are inspired by something that I have done, said, or showed them.

I have promise myself that I will not be scared to try something new. I will not be scared to fail. I will not be scared to succeed.  If I don’t try, then I have done something worse than failing. I have given up before I ever tried. That is not who I want to be, that is not want I want to portray, and that is not the example I want to set. I cannot promise that I will get it right or that my actions will always be correct or just. What I can promise is that if I fall, I will get back up. I will keep trying to get better, to get stronger, and be a beacon for those who need my help, my support, or my knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment