Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Legacy ...


If you know me, or think that you know me, take a few minutes and read the following ...please. Thank you.

I have been giving something a lot of thought. Over the course of many years, I have become disenchanted with a lot of things that I have seen. I have seen how government and corporations have turned from giving an opportunity to everyone to an “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know” wasteland for the mediocre, mindless sheep whose only goal is to protect those on the top. For years, the government has worked in conjunction with corporations to instill fear in all of us so that we can rush to their handpicked saviors. The fact is that their two factions and everyone runs to one side or the other. And anything or anyone who thinks outside the box is ridiculed, ignored, or persecuted. It is like people are scared to check facts and believe what CNN, FOX News, or MSNBC says as if it is law. And in the process, they draw your attention away from the backroom deals that continue to come out years later and we pay for years later.
As hard as it is for some to believe, the only thing I really want is to help people. There are a lot of people that I need to thank for getting me this far. I remember being a little kid and having to go to Clothe-A-Child or Toys-for-Tots because my mom did not have the money to get us stuff for Christmas. I remember my aunts, my godmother, and my mom’s friends trying to make sure that we always had what we needed. I also remember my mom having bake sales in front of Hills to try and make extra money to make sure that we could get the things that we wanted. I remember my mom working 10 hours at her job and then working another 3 or 4 hours at our school because she thought that we deserved the best education possible. That has always stayed in the back of my mind, how much my mom thought we deserved the best. We were better than everyone else. Not because of race, religion, or any other pc bs, but because we were her kids. To me, that is what being a parent is about.

So now you have me, someone who is very disgusted by the political process. Someone who has a hard time with some of the decisions made on national, state, and local levels; and cannot understand how people who swear they are fighting for us when they are getting elected disappear until they need your help or it is time to get elected again. People have let things that should united us separate us. People let those who around for the money and notoriety exploit them and their loved ones to get an extra 15 minutes of fame. It is funny, you always hear write your representative, but how many of you have tried? I have several times. Funny, they must not have gotten it …even though the auto-response says that they should have. What about the people on tv …they can help you deal with issue, right? They didn’t respond either. I must be missing something. I think that what people want to make into a race issue is not as much that as a socio-economic issue. Think about the fact that they people that make decisions for you, in most cases, anywhere from 2 to 5 times what you make in the same year. So of course whether or not minimum wage is $15 does not affect them, however it will completely wipe out a whole group of college-educated, hardworking people. This is not something that I heard, this is common sense. In what world is starting a job at McDonald’s and starting a job at the county courthouse on the same level. No offense to the person that works at McDonalds. But everything about the positions, it is obvious that one requires more knowledge, responsibility, and training than the other. So how does it make sense that they should get equal pay?

My point for all of this is that something has got to change. Not only for me, but they should change for my kids. The reason is because like my mom, I think that they deserve the best and they are certainly not getting it. Everyone has seen the stat; they are building more prison than colleges. But I think that there are several problems with that. Money should be spent on the youth to make them college ready instead of ignoring them. I do believe that athletic and arts, accompanying education, will keep kids out of trouble. There needs to be more programs that educated and empower children before they even get involved with the criminal justice system. There needs to be more money given to education, arts programs, youth sports, technology programs, and things of that nature so the need to build more prisons does not arise. More money needs to be spent helping single mothers who are trying to help themselves. The ladies, who work for a living to take care of their children, but make too much to get assistance but not enough to live on. In the 2 parent household I live in, there is never enough. Especially with teenage boys, come on. So who makes the rules at sets the number? Could they live on that allotted amount in the same circumstance? It just seems to me that more money is being wasted (used) on things that do not benefit the average person, but they are asked to pay for it every day in taxes, fees, and other ways.

I say all this to say that I feel that I need to do something. I think that someone needs to take a stand for regular people like me and most of you. I don’t know if it is county commissioner, state representative, or US Congress, but I seriously would like to do something to help regular people feel that their voices are truly being heard by someone that really understands what it means to be regular. I also would like to start a foundation that will help the two groups of people that I feel are completely underserved, the youth and single moms. I would love for someone to read this and be inspired in some way. I would also love for someone to read this and say I know someone who can help him out. I have done stupid things in the past. You may find a picture or two of me in a compromising position. Maybe I did inhale. Ok, I have lied a couple of times. I say this because I am human. I am a regular person who TRIES to learn from my mistakes and do better next time. That is why I want to help others, because that is what I was taught to do and that is what people need. They don’t need to be judged, they don’t need to be looked down on, but what they need to be helped up so that they can live up to their potential. And I hope that I can find a way to do that. Thank you for your time.

3 comments: