Friday, November 5, 2010

Politics as usual

I don’t believe that I have learned anything new from this election. I think that people really need to read before they make decision regarding their futures. I am not sure if people realize that the people that they elect to “represent” them have their futures and the futures of their families in their hands. Maybe it is me, but if you would approve of a message that would slander or defame another person can you truly be a good person? Can you really be looking out for the best interest of me and my family? Why not talk about the ideas that you have and the changes that you would like to make?  I think if politicians would tell the truth, no one would vote for them. I know I have said this a hundred times before, but there is no way that you can say what you can do until you understand what your job consist of. How can you grade Barack Obama on his job when he has only been doing it less than two years? Isn’t there a learning curve? And you can not blame all of the woes of the country on this or the prior administration. I honestly believe that the economic downturn may have been forecasted for several years. That is why there are some companies that are still thriving. When you set your business up to make money now, that is what you are going to do. You do not think about the future, and guess what, the future is now. So once again, the people that we are in trusting with our futures, what do you really know about them. Do you only know what the commercials tell you? Do you vote as your husbands or wives does and just spout the reasons that they gave you? Or do you go out of your way to see who this person is that you are voting for and does their policies and record reflect your views on the world. If I was to declare my candidacy for mayor or governor and told the truth…“I don’t know what the hell I am doing, but I will keep you informed as I figure it out!” How many people would vote for me? It is just something to think about!

1 comment: